Skagboys

Remember the movie Trainspotting? Directed by Danny Boyle (1996). Starring Ewan McGregor. I really wish I had that movie on my laptop right now, or atleast the book (Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh). Wish I could just fly home for an hour or two, take the movie and the book from our room and fly back here. Its one of those days where I really dont give a crap about new movies which have just hit the box office.

So I wanna watch this instead.

                                     "Thank you, your Honor. With God's help I'll conquer this terrible affliction"-Mark Renton
"That beats any meat injection. That beats any fucking cock in the world"- Allison, after taking a hit.


Mark Renton: Excuse me, excuse me. I don't mean to harass you, but I was very impressed with the capable and stylish manner in which you dealt with that situation. And I was thinking to myself, now this girl's special.
Diane: Thanks.
Mark Renton: What's your name?
Diane: Diane
Mark Renton: And where are you going, Diane?
Diane: I'm going home
Mark Renton:Well, where's that?
Diane: Its where I live.
Mark Renton: Great!
Diane: What?
Mark Renton: Well, I'll come back with you if you like, but like, I'm not promising anything, you know.
Diane:  Do you find that this approach usually works? Or let me guess, you've never tried it before. In fact, you don't normally approach girls - am I right? The truth is that you're a quiet, sensitive type but, if I'm prepared to take a chance, I might just get to know the inner you: witty, adventurous, passionate, loving, loyal. Taxi! A little bit crazy, a little bit bad. But hey - don't us girls just love that?
Mark Renton: Eh?
Diane: Well, whats wrong, boy? Cat got your tongue? 
                                                                                             X
Anyway, if you're a fan of Welsh's works and if you love disgusting realism packed with wit, sarcasm and dark humor, then you'll love this. 
The prequel to Trainspotting called Skagboys is also coming out which Im excited about. Cant wait to get my hands on it.  

Fun fact: Did you know that the famous band and my all-time favourite My Chemical Romance got their band name from one of Welsh's books called Ecstacy which focuses on "four tales of chemical romance"


Books by Welsh that I love:




  

No comments:

Post a Comment